Thursday, May 04, 2006

Meet Abe the Burping Rooster

click image to enlarge
I've been working on a mini comic called Abe the Burping Rooster and its about 16 pages or so- this is the first page sneak preview. Macy is a hen lookin' for love and Abe is one hunk of a bird. But will their courtship be hindered with his burping problem?

I hope to have it put together by the end of this month. I decided to use a real brush and pen to ink these pages instead of using the computer. Back to old school!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

HE!! HE!! FUN!! Love the comic.

HOLLi CONGER said...

Ha ha! This is great Jannie. I love the little bow in her hair...uh, feathers :)

roz said...

This is so cute! Thanks for sharing.

Geninne said...

This just cracked me up, it's hillarious!
Can wait to see more of Abe...

Roz Foster said...

I'm working on a comic myself, so I have great appreciation for this! Nice work. Looking forward to the next installment.

I took a gander at your portfolio. Very impressive! Any advice for someone just beginning to approach children's publishers/magazines?

Anonymous said...

I can't help, but feel this gigantic smile spread across my face each time I see your artwork. It is so fuunn and the colors are just so awesome.

Your comics are so cute, too! It just makes me wanna squeeze them! But. Then, if I did. It would crumple up the paper and that wouldn't be very nice. :O(