Sunday, January 28, 2007

Inspiration: Japanese packaging

I've always had a love for Japanese packaging- a huge inspiration and influence on my work. The well thought out design, color, and not to mention- incredibly cuteness- makes me want to buy it even if it contains lumps of coal inside. Above is a few boxes tacked up on my new corkboard.
This past summer, my brother bought me a few Japanese kids books when he was in Hong Kong. I have no idea what it says, but it does put a smile on my face.
Just this weekend, I found this in a chinatown candy shop. It was the character from the book! Inside are indivdually wrapped chocolates- each with a different character. The attention to detail is amazing. I am off to gobble up the chocolates (but saving all the wrappers.)

6 comments:

John Coulter said...

These are so cool!

http://johncoulter.blogspot.com/

Anja said...

Hi Jannie, you have been tagged by me. Please visit my blog.

Pickledog said...

Awesome! I love cute packaging, and Hello Panda looks pretty cute! Thanks for sharing these

Belinha Fernandes said...

I love it too!Japan is quite an inspiration...

Anonymous said...

Hi Jannie! I LOVE your art and your blog. So upbeat and colorful. Gives me a good feeling. Hey, and I LOVE chickens, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. And thanks for spreading the word about American Girl.

Spadazzle said...

That's An(awn) Pan(pon )Man(mon) I think that is how it is pronounced! There is even a song to go with him, cartoon, everything and he is painted on schools all over Japan! We lived there for 5 years- this character is BIG!!!! The kids love him! We saw th show once at the Japanese Grocery/Dept. store :)