Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Changes

Miss Lilia, aka Nuggie, almost 6 months old
I can not believe my little Nugget is almost 6 months old. Its very strange to imagine life without her. Its been a struggle trying to balance work and taking care of her. Time is very limited so I can only take on so many projects, which is very different than what I'm use to. And being a freelancer, its hard to say no. But I know I need to enjoy the time I have with this little Nugget- she is already growing up so fast. Those smiles are finally coming and she has been very generous with them lately!

As if there were not enough changes in my life already- we are moving to Boston next month. My husband will be a visiting professor at Boston College for a year, so we will be back in the east coast! I'm happy about that since we'll be alot closer to family. But I will miss Ann Arbor. Another official post on that later.

So we are packing up right now and looking forward to our next adventure.

8 comments:

Sarah Pecorino said...

What a cutie! My peanut is almost 6 months as well and I've been struggling to find a balance between two kids and freelancing. The East Coast welcomes you! Big shout out from NH.

Sharona R - שרונה ראובני said...

I wish you and your family all the best! Hope you will enjoy Boston and all your new adventures :-)

miremari said...

It'so so full of life and truth what you say.
I'm sure you'll be able to do all at your best as always!
good luck for the move and best wishes for all!

miremari said...

It'so so full of life and truth what you say.
I'm sure you'll be able to do all at your best as always!
good luck for the move and best wishes for all!

Eugenia Gina said...

enjoy the moments, and she'll become your source of idea next ! :D

Vicki Gausden said...

Such an adorable photo! I always like to hear how other freelancers fare with balancing motherhood and work. I don't have any little people myself yet, but it's nice to know it can be done!

Liv Wan said...

Ohh....She is so cute. I have a four months old daughter too and I can understand how hard it is to balance work and looking after the little one. I often wake up 5 am to change her, feed her and put her back to sleep then start work on my project. It's very hard but I still love being a mum. :)

Liv Wan said...

Thank you for visited my website and nice comment of Amelia. I've fallowed you on twitter and can't wait to see more of your works. They are fabulous. I wish one day I can be an awesome and busy illustrator like yourself.

I hope you don't mind me to ask what kind of media you usually use for your art? I hope this is not an cheeky question to ask as I kind of notice a lot of illustrators they don't like answer this kind of question. I'm curious is just your works looks super-duper cute and pretty to me so I really really want to know.

I hope you and wee nugget keeping well and healthy. :)