Friday, June 01, 2012

Fun Facts Puzzle- Under the Sea

I illustrated this puzzle for Silver Dolphin Books-it came out back in April but haven't gotten the chance to blog about it yet. It is a large floor puzzle with an under the sea theme with fun facts in the back of each piece.


Originally I had the colors like this, with a pink/peach ocean floor and yellow sky. I do prefer this version better, but it was changed to a more "realistic" color in the final version below.

You can get this puzzle on Amazon, Silver Dolphin, or your local store. Yay!

10 comments:

Laura Zarrin said...

I love it! So fun!

Andi Butler said...

I love it!! I do like your colorway better, but I understand why they'd want "true to life" color...Still looks stellar though!

a : )

David Sones said...

Hi Jannie! I will be buying this for my son for sure. My little guy already has your books the Haunted Ghoul Bus, and Road Work Ahead, and he enjoys your illustrations. He is all about construction machines right now, so Road Work is one of his favourite books, but I think he will really like this puzzle too.

Togotooner said...

Love the puzzle! Jannie, please tell me that your class at the AADL is going to be video taped so that those who cannot attend can watch your presentation on how you are using Adobe Illustrator for illustration work.

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

Thank you everyone!

@Togotooner: Thanks so much for your interest in my AADL workshop! Unfortunately they didn't tape me on video. Doing some more demos next month so maybe we'll see!

Unknown said...

fabulous! Did you submit the whole idea to the publisher?

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

@Fhiona- they wanted an undersea theme and saw one of my old pieces. I just did the artwork :-)

Tracy said...

Oh, I do like your version better too! Love getting your illustrations for things in my class whether it be books or puzzles or games (like the bingo you sent to my class one year with the penguins!)

Tracy said...

I love your version best, too! Adorable and I know my students will love this puzzle!

elizabeth said...

Oh, that's crazy cool. Being on a puzzle-- who'd have ever dreamed of that?