Thursday, July 31, 2008

Goodies and other fun things

Thanks to Alicia for sending her book, The Wish Trees, to me and my chickens. We enjoyed it very much and the artwork inside is adorable!

Other tidbits:
-Sarah at Spadazzle teaches English class in Japan with my book, The Penguin's Perfect Picnic! There are so many more cute penguin drawings from the kids. I hear a kid did a penguin manga, now this I have to see!

-Zime is doing something called Pay It Forward, in which you send a handmade gift to 3 blogger friends, and in return they do the same to 3 other blogger friends. I love the idea! I will do this too except I think I will make the gifts first, then post about it. (I owe at least 2 people some ATCs, so I am very backed up right now!)

Thats it for now. Stay cool in this heat, everyone.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations again! The book looks so cool. Can't wait to get the one I ordered! Stay cool!

Dragana Savkov - Bajić said...

What a great idea! "Pay It Forward" is a great way to share your art and to connect with other bloggers (artist)in such a wonderful way. I love the idea and I will do this too, on my blog. Thanks for sharing such great ideas.

Alicia Padrón said...

Awww look at the chickens reading the book!!!! Ha ha ha... sooo cute Jannie!!! I wonder what their favorite page is? Hmmm ,maybe the bicycle one? I bet they would love to go downhill on it! ;o)

Thanks so much for posting this picture, makes me so happy :o)

Lisa M Griffin said...

what a lovely present to receive in the mail, and a fun read. thanks for sharing.

ellencrimitrent said...

congrads on the book!! Hey I cannot believe that yesterday was my 100th post!!!

By the way send me your address via email for something I am doing next week!!

Have a great weekend!!

holli said...

oh! lucky girl! i look the mail every day! i hope cach the zime idea, i will waiting :=)

Spadazzle said...

Thanks for linking the kids pictures!! This book has been a GREAT ESL activity- I'll have to reccomend it to the other teachers! We played it again last week:)

Majeak Ann said...

Hello sweetie! I just got back. Updated my blog with a little thing. I just hope I can fully come back with new things "pronto".
Congratulations with all the things you have done. :))
Smiles all around!

Kiss*
Marjorie

Jhay Phoenix said...

You have phenomenal work...

Anonymous said...

eyyy :D I love the paying forward ideaaaa :D
Lots of lovely goodies you have xD I just wanted to let you know I am giving out a birdie mug in a little contest in my blog :D So if you are interested please pass by!
HUGSSSS

Anonymous said...

what a great post! I am backed up too, but determined to paint my atcs! i'm going to send you the three french hens for sure!!

a : )

Anonymous said...

Love the chickens sitting with the book.