Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Whats Up in the Coop

Its been too hot to blog! I've been:

READING:
-Giant Robot magazine with cover art and interview with James Jean. Good stuff.

-Computer Arts magazine: I splurged (import from the UK, comes with a disk. I spend $17, ouch!) mainly for the article/tutorial about creating textures with vectors. Haven't gone through the tutorial yet, I'll let you all know how that goes.

MAKING:
-Some cards for a friend who just graduated, and wanted to have custom cards to send to her professors.

THANKING:
Lisa, Tracy, Jenn and Mike for awarding me! I feel like the most popular chicken shack in town! ;-)

The rules for accepting the award are as follows:
1. Add the logo of the award to my site
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs
4. Add links to those blogs on your site
5. Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs

AWARDING:
Linda, Crystal, Sherry, Zime, Pati, Roz, Ellen

Stay cool, everyone!

16 comments:

lil kim said...

Hey Jannie, you're lucky you're warm - here it's freezing! I'd take summer over winter any day.
Love your graduation cards, especially the little lowly worm a la Richard Scarry :-)

ps. the bread was really yummy! I'm hoping to make some more this weekend

zime said...

Thank you Jan!! You're so kind. Is an honor to me to receive an award from you!!! Yeapppppp you make my day!!!
(^v^)

Lisa M Griffin said...

I really like those graduation cards and what a nice idea to give out.

ellencrimitrent said...

wow I am honored you choose me!! What a way to start off my weekend!!

Thanks so much I feel soo loved!!

Unknown said...

what fun Jannie! the cards are perfect ...what a great idea!

Zari said...

-i love computer arts magazine...must see quickly if this issue has come to the local stores.

-the cards a awesome

-congrats on the award...you deserve it and all the best!

pati said...

Congrats Jannie! and thank you so much for nominated us ♥

holli said...

i like those magazine, the cards are very cool idea!!

zime said...

Congratulations Jan!!! I'm so happy that you are the first one on my RegalARTE!!!!
I can wait to see how much this chain will grow!!!!
Big Hug

Gina Perry said...

I love the card - and what a sweet thing for someone to do for their professors!

mike r baker said...

I've got 144 more awards for you. Where would you like me to unload them? :)

Gina Perry said...

Is there room on your virtual shelf for one more of these? I award you - because you rock! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your award. James Jean is the coolest, huh?

Anonymous said...

Jannie Thank so much for the award. I have been so behind on everything this summer. I am so sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you! Life has been so overwhelming. . .but I think I am finally starting to come out of it.

Thanks Again!

Arthur's Circus said...

I love the graduation cards...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.