Thursday, July 24, 2008

My New favorite Children's books!

Last weekend, I went browsing at the Kinokuniya bookstore...checking out all the Re-Ment Miniatures and resisting the temptation to buy any...then only to discover these books instead- they are now my new favorite! I can't read Japanese ( I guess the Japanese I learned from watching anime isn't going to help me now) but after some research, I found out they are a popular series called "Bam & Kero" by Yuka Shimada.
Although I can't read the text, I can tell what is going on just by the pictures. They have a cute yet off-beat quirkiness and humor about them; my favorite combination.
Oh yes, and the illustrations are to die for. Yes, I want to live in that world. (I know this sounds really dramatic, but I am definitely in love with the art!)

I only bought two of the books but now I am tempted to buy the whole series. They are that wonderful!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cool indeed, i too found a bunch of great books at this site. http://www.childrensbooksforparents.com

Anonymous said...

Heee, hee, I can see why you are in love with the art. You find the coolest stuff in your travels. I'm glad you take the time to share. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi, great review and site thanks. I'm always on the hunt for great children's books and have recently discovered Bayard and their series of StoryBoxBooks, AdventureBoxBooks and DiscoveryBoxBooks (which is a special Olympic edition) They have work by acclaimed children's books illustrator Helen Oxenbury appearing in the Storybox series for September. In addition to this, they also have some great activities for rainy days: http://www.storyboxbooks.com/potatoprinting.php, http://www.adventureboxbooks.com/macaroni-picture-frames.php, http://www.discoveryboxbooks.com/skittles.php Enjoy!

holli said...

great find, i´ll check the illustrator, 0)

Jenn Maruska said...

Those look cute! : )

Zari said...

you only post the coolest stuff!!!!

...thanks for sharing, now i'm also in love with Bam & Kero : P

Alicia Padrón said...

Aww wonderful work Jannie! It reminds me of yours :o)

Listen, keep an eye on your mail. I sent the book last week it should be there soon :o)

Anonymous said...

What a cute book! I love the art. I am gonna have to look that one up.