Friday, October 17, 2008

A Workshop I am Excited About!

I just got an email today from the Society of Illustrators announcing a workshop with Illustrator Marcos Chin. He is pretty famous for his illustrations for the Lavalife ad campaign that is all over NYC. I can't be more excited since I am a big fan of his work (plus all that time sitting in the subway staring at his ads and wondering how he did it.) I signed up after 2 minutes I got the email.

This workshop requires that you "bring your own fully charged laptop," which I thought was really funny. Even though I am a digital artist and I do indeed have a laptop, I've never gone to a workshop that runs that way. Welcome to the new age of technology.

Another note- The Original Art show is now up at the Society of Illustrators, which showcases art from children's books of the year. I haven't gotten a chance to check it out yet, but will hopefully go this weekend (and dreaming to be in the show one day.) Running now till November 26th.

4 comments:

Edrian said...

Workshops are so much fun! I hope I get a chance to visit the show at the Society of Illustrators while I'm there. Thanks for the heads up!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

This looks like such a great conference. This is wonderful. I sure would like to go. Have a full time job now and I have to be the responsible one right now. I know you will have wonderful time. Make sure you are powered up my friend. Thanks for stopping by the blog it always, always means so much.

life without novacaine said...

Lucky you! Wish I could go, sounds really great. Have a wonderful time!

sketched out said...

How exciting. I love his work too, it's just crazy good! Have a great time, and don't forget to charge up that laptop, hee hee!