Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Great Matzoh Hunt

I illustrated a board book that was just released a few days ago called The Great Matzoh Hunt, a companion to Light the Menorah, both published by PSS. A funny coincidence: this is the second book I've worked on in which the title starts with "The Great..." (the other, The Great Reindeer Rebellion.)

Anthropomorphic animals going around the house looking for the matzoh? Oh yes, I did like this job very much!

Its also a lift-the-flap book, and I had the freedom of coming up with where the flap was and what was underneath. I hope the kids will enjoy the fun little things I put there while they look for the matzoh with the animals.
If I can get away with drawing anthropomorphic plates and cups, I will do so!
I also sneaked in some chicken goodness in this book (which I actually try to do in all my books.) A little teaser for you to go and check it out in the bookstores at least! Also available on Amazon.

24 comments:

Alicia Padrón said...

Ohhhh it looks too cute!!! I love the little details behind the flaps. I bet you came up with the best ideas. Kids will go nuts for it for sure.

Keep those books coming from "The great Jannie.." :o)

Kelly Medina said...

This looks great! I will definitely go look for it at the bookstore. So cute. Congratulations on another great book! :)

Céleste Gagnon said...

cool! So cute, and everyone loves a good lift the flap! Congrats on the book!

Manola C. said...

ooohhhh congratulations!!! It looks really beautiful! :) love love love!!

Carolyn Mustopa said...

Congratulations--It looks awesome! Can't wait to see it. The last year has been really great for you!

Renee Kurilla said...

Congratulations! I haven't seen a good hide and seek book like this in a long time! Very cute.

(love the plates with eyeballs)

Madame Colonelle said...

congratulation
it looks great, funny and cute :D

jim bradshaw said...

Yay Jannie!!! Looks like fun.

Anette Heiberg said...

Looks great Jannie! And it looks like a fun book to illustrate.

Spadazzle said...

Looks fun:)

Eugenia Gina said...

I bet you have a lot of fun doing these details, imajination commmme... -_-!

Diandra Mae said...

So fun, Jannie! The little surprises behind the flaps are too cute. I'll keep an eye out for it. :)

Unknown said...

oh how cool is that!!! a flap book!!! wow!!!

looks wonderful...what is a matzoh?

roberta baird said...

Wow... now that's cool Jannie! Congrats!

Jess said...

Lovely illustrations, so bright and cheerful :)

Lucas Ferreyra said...

Nice cover!

Anonymous said...

Fun, fun, and more fun!!

sketched out said...

I love the little anthropomorphic cup and saucer, hee hee! Congrats on yet another adorable book. I will definitely add this to my Chickengirl book collection.

Tracy said...

This is AWESOME, Jannie! :) Love this book...will definitely be on the lookout for it!

yoon see said...

Congrats Jannie, loving the characters, colours and details so much.
I hope to own at least one of your book. He..He..I am a big children!

elizabeth said...

Ooh, love the green and red kitchen thingy (what is that, a cupboard? a china cabinet? what do you call that?). Anyway, I want that piece of furniture in real life! :)

Judy Rozema said...

Congratulations!! You do such vibrant work!

Alicia said...

My 16 mo daughter loves this book. There are not a lot of hip Jewish children's book out there. Please keep
them coming.

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

Alicia: Thank you for getting the book!