Saturday, January 10, 2009

Updating my portfolio

So I was looking at my coroflot account and my portfolio needed some serious updating. Funny how I haven't been posting much work from various jobs lately...I've been working though! Digging around my "2008 illustration jobs completed" folder, here is some art for an educational book called Kitty Breaks the Bank.
It is about a kitty who saved up money in a piggy bank and goes shopping at the mall.
She looks and looks, but couldn't find anything to buy.
She goes home in tears. But in the end, she gets a hug from her mother...and its free!

This job was the perfect match for me- I love drawing anthropomorphic animals and store scenes.

11 comments:

pati said...

Oh, Jannie! You should know by now that I follow your blog not only because is fun and your illos are gorgeous, but also because I learn so much every time you share with us your experiences :)

Kitty is adorable!

Nina Seven N7 said...

jannie - these are so adorable - i love the kitty character - when she is crying, it really made me sad!

Anonymous said...

Love the expressions and feeling you convay with your kitty character. She is sweet! So fun to follow all your work this year. -Ingrid

Edrian said...

Jannie,
Your work is so fun and colorful. I don't get tired of looking at it. There's always something interesting in every scene.
Congrats! And keep up the excellent work!

Natura said...

Excellet work! Love every little detail, it's always so fun.

Unknown said...

oh Jannie...these are so cute and clever...I love them....

Wonderful work and a great addition to your great portfolio!!

Tracy said...

Your illustrations are ADORABLE as usual. :) I love your animal characters and store scenes. Kitty's expressions are perfect for her moods. Thanks for sharing, Jannie!

Rima said...

There are super fun! Great great expressions...

Rima
www.yarnydays.com

Anonymous said...

Awww! This is awesome! Your stuff rocks!

Zari said...

this is so cute! Kitty is adorable and I loved the colors and the story! Jannie...i enjoy my visits to your blog soooo much!

Unknown said...

Whoa... fantastic!! I LOVE IT! Everything about it. Your style is one of a kind, Jannie.