Friday, June 19, 2009

Stuff I got for Inspiration

Its been a while since I posted! Wow, it was really interesting to hear everyone's situation in this economy from the last post. A positive outlook is the way to go. I hope each and everyone of you out there is surviving in this economy.

Thought I would share some of the goodies I got for inspiration. I finally got around to framing a few prints I got...here is what is on my dresser at the moment.
Above from left to right: Many faces of Mook by I love Grey Skies (etsy seller), Robot by Allan Sanders, and The Host by Ana Galvan (from Thumbtack Press.)

I also bought this book:
Ricehead's Revenge by YiYing Wang. Honestly I did not buy it for the art but for the fun story, and I like the fact that there is a list of characters in the beginning of the book:
Plus, they have a really cute website: www.Noodoll.com!

And last but not least, I went nuts over this card when I saw it over at Stickers and Stuff:
I bought it over at Ginko Papers (sorry, I believe it is sold out). It is from Hallmark Japan, illustrated by Yukiko Hatano.
This card has been sitting on my desk for quite a while now, hoping it will inspire me to do some pop up cards soon. Its so cute I can't stand it....

Thats it for now, hope that was some good eye candy for you!

10 comments:

Meg said...

Yes! You must do some pop up cards!

That card IS super cute!

spadazzle said...

I think I may have seen that card :) Hope everything inspires you!

Tracy said...

Wow that card is ADORABLE! I love it! :) I can see why you had to buy it.

Alicia Padrón said...

Oh wonderful goodies. I love the framed pieces specially the host one!

And that pop-up card no wonder you love it so much, is adorable and is totally you. I can really see you art on these! :o)

Anonymous said...

oh these are some awesome finds to bring cheer to any room! i love that framed print on the far right, and that card is amazing. i see why you could not resist it!!

xoxo
teri

Unknown said...

oh you always find the coolest stuff Jannie!!! I love that card too....I am sure it will inspire you....I also want to thank you for your kindness and support over the last week....we will never ever get over this tragedy...but with family and friends we never feel alone....

Hugs
Diana

Zari said...

this is the best pop up card i've ever seen!!! can't wait to see the ones you are going to design!

life without novacaine said...

OMG! So cute! You are going to need a special room to house all your cute doodads! The card totally looks like your style, you could have made that yourself!
Best of luck to you on your move!

Eugenia Gina said...

I really agree with the cards! Adorable.. :P

yoon see said...

Thanks for sharing, there are so cute not just for seeing but for collection too. He..He..