Friday, October 23, 2009

Blogs and their influences

I recently received this lovely award from Deborah Mori of Life without Novacaine. Deborah was one of those blog friends I got to meet in person a while back. She shares her work and personal life there- I know she's been going through a rough year and am amazed at her strength; with each post she writes what she is grateful for that day. So, Deborah- I have to give this award right back to you-your blog definitely inspires me too.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all the readers and friends I've made through blogs. Its been about 2 months now living in my new town (for those who don't know, I just moved from New York to Ann Arbor, MI). I've been meaning to write a post about how things are going, but honestly, its all still too fresh- I have a different feeling each day. No, it has not been easy. But I do like this town alot, and I've surrendered that it may take me a while to really "settle in." I want to write more about my experiences as I can gather my thoughts better. But the friendships I've made through blogs helped with my transition alot. It keeps me going and inspires me every single day. So thank you :-)

The rules upon accepting this award:
1.) Only one rule. Pass this award along to someone who motivated you, inspired you or enriched your artistic life with their creative gift. If you feel so inclined, you can create a short list of the things you love, your favorite muse, or your favorite childhood memories. The most important thing though is to award someone who has made your life better.

4 comments:

Paula said...

Lovely post, Jannie. Well put. : ) And congrats on the blog award! It's great how internet friendships follow you wherever you go, whether it be the nearby coffee shop or all the way across the country! Big hug!

life without novacaine said...

Awww, thank you Jannie. You really were one of the first blogs I really gravitated to and throughly enjoyed. I always enjoy popping in and seeing what you are up to! It also was fabulous that you took the time to meet me in NYC. That meant so much to me.

I wish you the best in Ann Arbor and from the sound of it, sounds quite nice! Just remember, NYC will always be there if you need to go back.

Have a great weekend!

Jess said...

I think this world of blogging is a wonderful thing. Well done to Deborah for the award. :)

iSew said...

I don't know what I'd do without blog friends, that's all I have! I know what you're going through. I've moved to a new country, back to the US and to two completely new cities over the last 4 years and each one has been a new experience. Good luck!! It takes time. :)